Saturday, May 15, 2010

LTSP: The Final Candidates

rockford After one week of reading reviews and researching options, I have cut down the choices to the final two candidates that I will be testing.  They are Ubuntu 8.04 LTSP and openSuse KIWI-LTSP.

I will admit that I am not a big Ubuntu fan and lean more towards openSuse but it looks like Ubuntu has the more stable version available. 

I plan on setting up two servers, one of each flavor, and doing some side-by-side testing and evaluation as to:

  • ease of installation
  • availability of drivers
  • security
  • installation of additional software packages
  • ease of administration

In addition to the above I am in the process of acquiring 3 or 4 boxes to use as workstations in my test network.  If you have a computer you would like to donate, please say so in the comments.

With that Info,

Safer Surfing!

No comments:

Post a Comment